Friday, July 25, 2008

Flash Back Friday!

Today I wanted to show every one pictures from my most favorite vacation with Wes. Wes' family does a "Family & Friends Cruise" every 2 years. I was pregnant with Halle when they were planning a cruise to Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and Cozumel. We weren't sure if we would have the money to do it after having the baby, but we wanted to go so bad. We had Halle in March and the cruise was in August. We finally decided to just do it, we needed a vacation. I worked my tail off trying to loose my pregnancy weight so that I would enjoy myself. All that work definitely paid off :) This was the most fun that Wes & I have had together ever. Halle was almost 5 months old and of course we loved her to death, but having a baby is a ton of work! Being together without Halle made it seem like we childless again. I love Halle more than anything, but leaving her with my mom was the best decision ever! It was like when we first fell in love. I can't really describe it, but it was just the best time we've had together.

Here are some cute pictures from the adventure :)

Our cruise boat left from the New Orleans port. We got there a couple days early to explore New Orleans. I'm so mad that I didn't take more pictures there. The week after we got home from our cruise Hurricane Katrina hit and took out most of New Orleans. I'm so glad that we got to see it when we did.

These picture is from a Swamp Tour we took, it was so crazy!!!

This is a picture of the "crew" we had a ton of people go, it was so much fun.

Wes fed an alligator raw chicken. I was so scared it was going to take his hand right off!

This is Wes & I after the tour

Wes is being attacked my the alligator and his brother Russ comes to the rescue!

We finally got on the boat. This is Wes, me, Michelle, Mom, & Dad just leaving the port.

Ooh la la!! Formal night!

The boys (doesn't Wes look so hot! I love this picture of him)

The girls :) Kylee, me & Michelle

This is in Grand Cayman. We went to a turtle farm. I've never seen so many turtles in my life! They eat turtle soup as a novelty! eww.

This is Wes in Hell! This was cool to see, but not that exciting.

This is Stingray City! Isn't it beautiful!

This is Wes snorkeling in Cozumel. They have the best beaches there! I loved it!

Wes paid like $10 for that drink, and it was Virgin! Good thing I got a picture of it :)

Wes & I in front of our boat on the last day :( We were sad to leave, but so excited to get back to our little punkin!

And we're home! Here's Halle showing off the beads we got on Bourbon Street (and not I didn't have to do anything to get these :)

12 comments:

@manda said...

I remember when you left! I thought you were crazy but you two are amazing parents and it looks like you had so much fun! Sounds like we are all over due for a vacation!

Grandma Tami said...

I totally agree with you we had a blast! Remember all of us playing the word game, and people wanted to join us but asked what we were drinking cause we were laughing so hard and having such a good time. Let's go on another one!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh My gosh. That was so fun! looking at those pictures brings back so many memories. I miss my Missionary son!! We are doing it again in 10 months. Get ready!!

Kimi said...

I wish we could have gone! You do look good! In the picture of you holding the turtle you look like you've got guns, HOT!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Jeff and I went on a cruise sans children when our first was 11 months old...for sure the most fun I've EVER had in my life. We consider it our REAL honeymoon!

Angie said...

WOW! How fun!! You got some buff arms girl! Love the aligator pics.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

cute pictures! you totally look hot-especially for it only being 5 months after having halle! cruises are so fun and i am super jealous that you got away without kiddies...i haven't been able to leave my boys yet...hopefully i will soon :)

Team Fraser said...

I think we should all go on one!! Hall is so cute, I've never seen any pic's of her that little!

Brian, Sheena and Boys said...

Its looks like that was a great trip! I went on a cruise with that cruise line once and it was so much fun! You look awesome by the way, I am still working on losing my weight!

Ashley said...

Yea for flash back friday...what a fun idea! I'm so jealous. I want to go on a cruise. Looks like you guys had fun.

Jenn Rushton said...

Wow look how hot you are!!! You have some guns. Your blog is so cute! I love your back ground.

Charles C Hagaman said...

Cayman Islands Boat Rentals have been heightened to a fine art by MooreMarine. We have various different styles and sizes of boats for rent in Grand Cayma Cayman Wave Runner Tours